- This event has passed.
Silver Art Clay (Improvers)
October 5, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£125
If you have been on an Introduction to Silver Art Clay (or another beginner level workshop day) and wish to learn new techniques to add to your silver art clay jewellery making skills, you may like to join us for this informative, relaxed workshop.
New techniques include:
- Using art clay syringe to embellish, make filigree/basket work, and to create handmade bezels.
- Setting and firing of cubic zirconia stones.
- Using art clay silver paste type to add textures, paint over burnable core eg leaf to create a fine silver replica, and to join silver findings or pieces of art clay together.
- Making a core from cork clay to make a hollow object.
- Making and using silicone moulds .
- Finishing techniques and patinas.
There will be demonstrations of techniques which you can incorporate into at least two pieces of jewellery to take home.
The following silver art clay worth over £50 is included in the cost of the workshop:
- 10g Silver Art Clay (current value £21)
- 5g Art Clay Silver Syringe (current value £11)
- 10g Art Clay Silver Paste Type (current value £20)
Two cubic zirconia stones are also included (there will be a selection to choose from). Additional stones can be purchased on the day from approx 60p – £1 each depending on size.
Cork clay and silicone are available to make hollow objects and moulds, as is everything else you will need to design, create, and finish your pieces of silver jewellery including simple findings.